Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Video and Light Show Upgrades!

Next time you are at one of my shows, you will notice that I have finally finished upgrading my system to a state of the art, multi-screen set up allowing me to perform with a complete Music Video Show. I finally have set up my DMX Lighting system so that it is controlled from the same computer that my music plays from. I now have the ability to Mix Videos, and control the lighting on the fly to match the mood of the particular song that is playing.

     I can also mix regular music and Karaoke in the same manner. You will see that it is really cool when all of a sudden while you are dancing, one of your friends comes up from the dance floor and sings the next song without skipping a beat on the dance floor. This makes for a total night of high energy and fun! This works best when singers give me a list of songs that I can mix in when the timing is just right for the mood. Other times when there are no performers on hand, you can come up and request a song and if it matches the mood at that moment, I can have it cued up and playing in as little as 5 seconds.

     I also have remote control capability from my Android, which frees me up even more to come around and get your requests and check the mood of the room, while staying at the "Helm' ready to crossfade to the next song right on cue!

     At some point, I hope to re-build one of my old computers to bring so you can search and request songs and send them right to my desktop as well. If you have not had the Music Video experience, you must check it out soon. Even the old classics are great to see... some of them you never knew were on video. I have videos from the 60's taken from Live Ed Sullivan Show, all the way to the current Club Mixes that you have danced to all over the country. Its time for something new... see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment